“A smartwatch (or smart watch) is a computerized wristwatch with functionality that is enhanced beyond timekeeping, and is often comparable to a personal digital assistant (PDA) device” – _Wikipedia
Avi Greengart, a consumer device analyst, predicted that 2013 may be “the year of Smartwatch”. This prediction turned out to be true as the majority of smartphone manufacturer is focusing on smartwatch and wearable. Many of them have already released their smartwatch and others have near future release plans. It is forecasted that 350 million smartwatches will ship by 2020.
There are numerous day-to-day use cases that can be made simple yet secure with the usage of the smartwatch. Let’s have a quick look, how the smartwatch can make your life easy.
There are numerous day-to-day use cases that can be made simple yet secure with the usage of a smartwatch. Let’s have a quick look, how the smartwatch can make your life easy.
- SmartWatch as ID card: Do you forget to carry your ID card every morning? NFC based smartwatch can work as your ID card. Enterprise can do away with the hassle of issuing separate ID card to employees having smartwatches.
- SmartWatch as Wallet: Do you feel your wallet is bulky with credit cards and other useless stuff? Smartwatch can replace your need to carry credit cards. SmartWatch and “Card on File” concept can replace the need to carry plastic cards in your wallet.
- SmartWatch as Health monitor:Are you a health geek? Or having health issues which require continuous monitoring? A smartwatch with sensors like Heart Rate, Body Temperature, Accelerometer, etc., will collect your health data and upload to the cloud for 24×7 care.
- SmartWatch as Remote control:Are you confused with different remotes for different systems like your home garage door, television, Set Top Box etc.? SmartWatch with Bluetooth can work as a remote for your garage, television etc.
- SmartWatch as Security Token:Do you need to carry an RSA Token to access highly secure software or a physical location (like a Server Room). Smartwatch can work as an RSA token, it can generate software RSA key. Or it can add the 3rd factor of authentication.
- SmartWatch as SOS Device: Smartwatch knows when you could be in danger and sends for help. Smartwatch contains a gyroscope and an accelerometer, that detect physical activity or aggressive movements, and the mobile app can send SMS and email to configured emergency contacts with your current location.
- SmartWatch as Notification/Reminder Device: This is a prime feature of smartwatch as of now. It will display different notifications from smartphone and allow quick action. With smartwatch you will never miss important things like breaking news, flight alerts, meeting calls, reminders, weather alerts.
SmartWatch will change our lives in many ways. It can become your identity for office access, wallet for payments, car door keys and much more… Vision is that smartwatch will replace your need of carrying disparate accessibility tokens including a smartphone.
About Accusoft Infoways:
– We take complete ownership of your technology so our client or IT consultant may focus on their business and not the Software. Accusoft Infoways acts as a one-stop shop providing complete technology management services.
– Good Software Design.
– Great Price Deals, lower software fees.
– IT Technologies, methodologies, strategies that meet client’s budget, timeline and requirements.